June 10, 2013

Thought: What is Loyalty?


At what point is it ok to forget about the loyalty you have to another and truly be loyal to yourself? 

While I struggle with the answer to that question when it comes to making decisions, I believe that deep down I do know what my wise mind tells me: You must be loyal to yourself before you can be loyal to anything else.

It's been a struggle of mine to learn to be loyal to myself. I'm the type of person who is always saying "I have to do this, I have to do that" when in reality, I don't. I've learned that I need to see what is in my best interest. Doing what is in your best interest isn't always exactly what you would like to be doing, but most of the time it can help you make decisions easier and with less worry. 

So, maybe the answer to the question is balance. 

I do believe that while you're young it is important to be selfishly loyayl to ourselves and dedicated to the cause of understanding ourselves. It is only after we are fully aware of what makes us happy and where our passions lie, that we can begin to understand loyalty to another individual or cause. Then que the balanc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment