June 25, 2013

Craft: That Special Gift

When it comes to gift giving, I like to believe that it's one of my specialties. There is no greater feeling than seeing someones face light up after receiving something they would never expect (but 100% love). This past Christmas I took on the task of making presents for my loved ones, and now I'm addicted. What a better way to make gift giving more special then saying, "I hand made this for you."?
With the passing of Mother's Day and Father's Day, I thought it would be a great time to share some of the heartfelt items I made for my parents.

Mother's Day: Mason Jar Soap Dispensers
After recently moving into a new house, my mother had been looking for the perfect matching soap dispenser to set beside her sink. Home decor stores were falling short, so I grabbed some pale green paint and solved the problem. All of my materials were found around the house, with only one exception, Triple Thick Gloss. Being that the soap dispenser will be near water, I thought it was necessary to provide a protective finish. It matches perfectly!




Father's Day: "Farmers First Garden" Framed Pictures
Every birthday and holiday that I can remember, my father says the same thing: "I don't need anything, I've got you!". Which is why I always surprise him with something custom. This year, he has taken on the task of starting his first garden; tomatoes being the star of the play. He was too busy digging in the dirt to track the growth process, so I did it for him. With the help of my camera, Kinkos, and Target picture frames, I gave my dad close up shots of his first two tomatoes. 





No comments:

Post a Comment